The secret for preparing perfect meringues is to combine several little tips that all together contribute to make this recipe quite easy, also for unexperienced chefs.
- 3 eggs (only the white, not the yolk)
- 250 gr. of powder sugar
- whisk the the eggs with the sugar
- once the whites are beaten into a firm and smooth foam, make some small mountain out of it and stick them in the (pre heated) oven. I would recommend to put oven paper on the tray.
- 100 ℃ (but even lower it is ok) for 45 minutes
- leave meringues to cool down before to serve
Now let´s move to the tips...
FIRST: use fresh eggs
SECOND: do not use cold eggs. So, do not put them in the fridge (best) or at least take them out some hour before use them
THIRD: use a glass bow to beat the eggs, not a plastic one
FOURTH: always use the same whisking speed and direction
FIFTH: check that nothing apart the white part of the egg is in the bow before whisking.
SIXTH: remember that meringues must not cook, but only dry, so keep the oven temperature very low